Collins Aerospace is looking for a passionate Senior Systems / Project Engineer to provide technical execution oversight and coordination in the fast growing Cabin Systems market. You will be involved in all stages of the product development life-cycle across various products. Tasks will include leading execution across the development life-cycle from requirements capture, through development and verification testing of multi-disciplinary teams.
You will work with customers and team members in a technologically advanced and challenging field supporting the development of new features and functionality across multiple products ranging from: Netflix like streaming service, wireless technology, Android/IOS App development, 3D Graphics with OpenGL, Embedded Java development, graphical user interface development with emphasis on user experience, cabin entertainment systems and helping to bridge consumer electronics to the aerospace industry. Join us and be a part of putting information and entertainment systems on the world's premier VIP and VVIP aircraft.
- Coordinating and planning execution efforts across multiple product development teams to ensure project(s) remain within budget, on schedule and meets customer requirements.
- Performing Risk and Opportunity Management
- Working with the program manager to develop the program execution plan
- Coordinating across multiple subsystem functional areas to understand dependencies and remove roadblocks.
- Leading development, integration and testing of complex systems.
- Tracks, reports, and analyzes earned value metrics as required to understand program performance and to recommend staffing and/or schedule adjustment based on these metrics
- Collaborating and working with remote peers.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Self-starter able to multitask and successfully manage unplanned events.
- Well organized and able to communicate effectively with engineering peers, leadership and customers.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, and teamwork.
- Practical experience integrating large systems
- Experience planning and coordinating development tasks across multiple domains
- Experience leading bid and proposal efforts.
- Extended knowledge of systems engineering tools and processes.
- Practical experience in all aspects/phases of product design and system integration & test
- Fundamental knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical, Software, and Systems engineering
- Knowledge in the areas of baseline control, earned value, risk management and project plans.
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Experience with In-flight Entertainment Systems