Sr. Systems Programming Analyst
We’re the obstacle overcomers. The problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Systems Programming at UPS Technology:
Our Systems Programmers design and deploy infrastructure to the highest standards. They are highly determined individuals who serve as a subject matter experts for supporting automation tools to increase organizational efficiency. As a UPS Systems Programmer, your skills will be put to the test working with large-scale automation solutions.
About this role:
The Senior Systems Programming Analyst is responsible for building and supporting midrange infrastructure, which is critical to the success of UPS Freight business operations. The applicant will be responsible for administering the following midrange infrastructure including: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, multiple web sites, server virtualization, SAN, and system monitoring. The applicant must have 5+ years of Linux server administration experience and will participate in 24x7 rotational on-call coverage.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6/7, Kickstart, Apache, shell scripting
- Knowledge of Puppet CMT, VMware vSphere 5/6, Windows Server, IIS, EMC DataDomain, TCP/IP
- Familiarity with SAN technologies, data backup technologies, Red Hat JBoss EAP, Nagios, IBM MQ
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.