We are currently looking for a passionate Systems Performance Engineer with experience of working with R&D telecommunications systems performance. The role is with a global systems provider, leading in cutting edge communications technology. The company is very invested in employees’ growth and well-being.
- Improve systems’ performance of small cell products: 4G LTE & 5G NR software and hardware
- Perform Live Air Verification activities including tests planning, tests execution and deep dive analysis of test results and performance data
- Define test strategy and plans, perform analysis, and critical metric benchmarking for new SW and HW products releases
- Testing, Validation and optimization of new algorithms and features in a SW release.
- Support the execution of the LAV test plan and important metric benchmarking plan as per the agreed upon release schedule.
- Operational measurements (OM), critical metric and debug log analysis of LAV data to get to RCA of issues.
- Perform RF and parameter optimization tests and analysis to drive metric improvements.
- Review product, feature requirements and documentation and offer feedback to appropriate teams.
- Continually evaluate, influence and advance LAV to improve testing and analysis processes and deliver carrier grade products to customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- 8+ years of experience in working on system performance related to 4G LTE and/or 5G NR technologies and in-depth knowledge of 3GPP Standards
- Solid knowledge and experience working with LTE, VoLTE and 5G NR technologies
- In-depth knowledge of Phy, MAC, RLC, PDCP, RRC and NAS layer protocols
- Expert-level end-to-end analysis capabilities of UE side logs (QXDM), LTE vendor eNB logs, Wireshark logs and core network logs.
- Proven track record for testing, deep dive troubleshooting and getting to RCA of highly complex end-to-end 4G and/or 5G system performance issues
- Expertise with defining, measuring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and correlation to other metrics and logs to debug and resolve real world system performance issues
- Hands on experience and expertise with wireless data collection tools like QXDM, Wireshark, XCAL, lab equipment such as spectrum analyzer and post processing tools like QCAT, XCAP etc.
- Expertise in IP and related technologies including TCP, IPv4, IPv6, IPSEC, Routing protocols, Networking protocols, Security Protocols, SIP.
- Great teammate with strong work ethic and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must be located in the Boston/Lowell, MA, area or willing to relocate
- Candidate must be a US citizen or permanent resident (no Visa sponsorship offered)