It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
- Create what customers need next.
- Drive to make a difference.
- Collaborate and learn.
- Step up.
- Assist R&D teams on products requiring a system level understanding of interactions between biology, engineering, software and manufacturing.
- Develop, debug and test system modules
- Design and modify parts as required and document modifications for inclusion into formal documentation, under guidance of senior team members.
- Develops integrated mechanical, optical and thermal products defined by customer requirements; considering manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Take daily/semi-weekly/weekly measurements of instruments to confirm function work with engineering to solve problems as they arise.
- Coordinate with users to schedule testing, and update team on instrument status
- Contribute to the design, execution, and analysis of verification and validation studies
- Perform tests per written instructions, record results and present results of testing under design control
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes
- Assemble mechanical, optical, thermal, and electrical modules per documentation.
- Work with engineering to verify that the documentation and the instrument are complete and correct.
- Develop and debug instrument control scripts and data analysis software.
Education and Experience:
- BS/MS in Engineering or related field
- Multidisciplinary approach to problem solving using broad scientific knowledge (instrumentation, optics, software, chemistry, biochemistry, etc.).
- 7+ years of experience
- Knowledge of microfluidics and running biological assays on instruments.
- Strong skills in verbal and written communication.
- MS excel, MS word, MS outlook.
- Read and interpret fabrication drawings.
- Use of programming languages and software (C#, Python, and Microsoft Visual Studio preferred)
- Demonstrated interest and ability to rapidly learn new technologies to broaden skill-sets and areas of knowledge.
- Collaborative personality with strong interpersonal skills – must enjoy working as part of a team and be ready to step in and help others when needed.