The Senior Systems Electrical Engineer will have the responsibility for the technical communication with the customer to understand component requirements and specifications.
This important role will have the lead for design, testing and implementation of electrical/electronic systems, electrical components, and electromechanical components utilized in thermal systems for automotive vehicles, including Battery Electric Vehicle, Hybrid, and Internal Combustion Engine vehicles.
The Senior Systems Electrical Engineer will work with purchasing to technically develop a supplier base to support future strategies, and validate solutions for production programs. It will be necessary to work as a team with Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing and Sales teams to support the Company’s objectives. System controls experience is desired.
· Experience with DC brush and brushless motors, with understanding of NVH and magnetism
· Experience with Customer and Supplier Interfacing
· Proficiency in authoring detailed specifications, D/PFMEAs, and DV/PV plans for systems and components
· Direct others in the functional evaluations, calibrations, and tests of designs/architecture in a vehicle and on the bench to confirm compliance and performance for all parameters, including EMC and vehicle durability
· Develop hardware/software test and simulation tools for lab or field work.
· Use, teach others to use common lab equipment (oscilloscopes, data acquisition units, etc)
· Troubleshooting of manufacturing test equipment for components or assemblies.
· Design/release responsibility for electrical components
· Design/fabrication of circuit boards, test boxes and wiring harnesses for lab/test usage
· Excellent communication skills and demonstrated professionalism
· Experienceworking withelectrical actuators, sensors, wire harnesses, and motor speed control devices.
· Current or prior experience and responsibility for the design, development, and/or evaluation of electrical/electronic systems, and architectures. This includes:
1) Creation, review, and/or approval of and system specifications
2) Definition of software strategies for associated hardware in the above systems
3) Implementation of above in a vehicle (mobile) environment
· Create functional programs utilizing MatLab, Labview, others
· Set up component networks utilizing common automotive network protocols (e.g. CAN, LIN).
· Experience with CAN tools, such as Vehicle Spy or CANoe
· Experience with the application and development of systems for electric vehicles.
Experience & Education:
Bachelor’s Degree in ElectricalEngineeringrequired, Master’s degreepreferred
Minimum of 10 yrs. experience in automotive electrical component and system engineering;
Battery, HVAC, and/or powertrain system application experience is an advantage
Up to 20% travel to both domestic and international locations required.
Key components include:
Blower Motors, Motor Speed Control Electronics, Electromechanical Actuators, Sensors, Wire harnesses, Air Purification devices, Cooling Fan Motors, Water Pumps, Water Valves, Refrigerant Valves, Electronic Control Modules.