The Bank’s Information Technology Services Department is looking for an enthusiastic Systems Engineer experienced in Windows-based platforms and servers to work within the Subcommittee on Administrative Services Technology Center (SASTeC) team. As our Systems Engineer, you will report to a Manager and support our Video Surveillance Systems and Physical Access Control Systems essential to our Cash, Law Enforcement and Facilities Management operations across the Federal Reserve System.
- Conduct application software and hardware testing and certification in lab and QA environments. This includes creating test scope, conducting the tests, documentation, analysis, and communication of findings.
- Work with Fed-System groups to improve upon current service offerings.
- Work with SASTeC operations and implementation support teams to:
- Ensure consistency of testing process and essential testing strategies
- Develop vision and definition of system and test requirements, including performance, scalability, security, and test and release documentation requirements
- Develop testing criteria, help establish testing environment, participate in testing, identify discrepancies, report and resolve issues
- Verify that proposed software and hardware is tested and meets requirements before deployment
- Maintain the environments required for troubleshooting production issues and help resolve those issues
- Develop our monitoring and reporting capabilities and evaluate risk mitigation tactics
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field, or technical certification preferred or commensurate experience
- 5+ years of experience in information systems
- Experience in Windows-based platforms and server administration; conducting applications software and hardware testing; and, implementing monitoring of important metrics
- Knowledge and proficiency in creating enterprise-wide technology solutions
- Demonstrate the ability to promote the definition and reuse of common business and technology practices
- Analyze complex data sets, draw conclusions supported by appropriate analyses and communicate your analyses
- Travel 5%