Trilliant is seeking a hands-on Senior Systems Engineer with strong expertise in solution verification to join the Smart City Solutions team. This position requires collaborating with decentralized teams to test, validate, and support new and existing hardware, firmware, and software solutions.
- Lead system integration and test effort for new Smart City Solutions
- Participate in all stages of the product development cycle: design, prototype, development, integration, test, and delivery
- Work with product management, internal and external development teams, to define and refine requirements
- Work with multiple hardware and firmware teams to define, implement, and integrate solutions
- Participate in the development and revision of design specifications
- Provide level 3 support through all stages of the product life cycle
- 5 years experience in systems engineering, design verification, or test of wired networking, wireless networking, or IoT solutions
- 3 years experience with RFnetworking equipment, such as 802.11, 802.15.4 or RPMA technologies
- Strong networking background; experience with, and solid understanding of, IPv4/v6 networks, communications protocols, and network management protocols
- Ability to use network analysis tools like Wireshark to capture and analyze network management traffic
- Exposure to relational databases such as MySQL.
- Self-Starter with excellent troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well with peers and teams spread across multiple geographic regions.
- Engineering background required with degree in Telecommunications, Network Management, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science preferred
- REST-based API experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, as needed