The Senior Systems Engineer - ETPA will be primarily responsible for the configuration and support of the Post Trade distributed systems and supporting third-party applications. The candidate must have good working knowledge of application deployment, configuration methodologies, as well as CI/CD tools. The individual will align with the development teams and work closely with the security and infrastructure teams, to ensure the applications are built securely, optimally, and reliably, with automation and standards always in mind. Good communication skills are required as the candidate works with internal and external customers for support and new initiatives.
- Works closely with our Technical Operations and Business Operations teams on critical issues by evaluating the problem, proposing and implementing resolutions, and partnering with other teams (DBAs, Networking, Development, etc) as needed for the resolution.
- Solves problems creatively and communicate effectively.
- Deploys in-house and 3rd party applications with a keen focus on automation and hardening.
- Automates manual processes via scripting and/or tools
- Identifies and resolves performance issues and bottlenecks.
- Collaborates with our Global Information Security team to provide secure solutions.
- Operates as an outstanding team player, works well with others, and possesses a positive attitude.
- Ability to provide effective and timely solutions in a very fast-paced environment where multitasking and attention to detail is critical.
- Self-motivated and great under pressure.
- A strong desire to develop skills and continue to grow.
- Ability to be self-motivated, capable of managing time well, and works efficiently without close supervision in a very dynamic environment.
Skills and Qualifications:
- In-depth Linux/Unix system administrator experience where the individual has had root access in a large (10,000+ servers) critical production environment.
- Strong scripting skills in languages such as Shell, Ruby, Python, Perl, etc
- Technical skills supporting 3rd party applications such as IBM MQ, Informatica, Consul, Vault, CMOD
- Experience working with Jenkins and Ansible
- Good working knowledge with Chef – able to write recipes as well as troubleshoot issues and provide fixes as needed.
- Experience working within DevSecOps architecture with Continuous Integration and Continues Delivery solutions.
- In-depth understanding of Linux/Unix operating systems and networking. Must understand TCP/IP, routing, interfaces, etc in a Unix environment.
- Experience working in an AWS environment, supporting applications and deployments
- Understanding of current and emerging technologies
- Ability to provide effective and timely solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Bachelors Degree: Information Technology (Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical and Computer Engineering)