The Senior Engineer will support the ongoing testing efforts of JMA’s 4G/5G systems in our partner labs. This position will be responsible for operation and maintenance of RAN elements and test equipment platforms as well as installation, integration, configuration, including managing the documentation set to keep it reflective of current systems. In this role, you will be a hands-on technical 4G/5G RAN expert with JMA equipment and will be the primary technical interface to our customer lab staff.
Position can be located remotely but preferred to be in Reston, VA, Bellevue, WA, or Boulder, CO. Frequent domestic travel may be required based on individual's location.
- Execute predefined test plans and prepare reports documenting results on 4G and 5G systems
- Perform configuration of the RAN/network to simulate various environment for testing purposes
- Perform LTE Mobility testing including inter- and intra-RAT handovers
- Perform testing related to CBRS Domain Proxies and SAS interactions
- Manage the physical installation to implement various test scenarios
- Install and validate new product software releases in the lab environment
- Develop strong technical relationships within customer lab environment
- 5-10 years of relevant experience working with Tier 1/2/3 carriers
- Proven understanding and through knowledge of the LTE protocol stack
- Understanding of 5G architecture, components, and deployment models
- Advanced, and tested knowledge of IP networking
- Knowledge of virtualized environments including KVM, Openstack, VMWare, Docker
- Advanced knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Hands-on experience building complex networks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of office suite applications such as Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, etc.
- EPC/Core network proficiency and troubleshooting end to end call flow, both data and voice.
- Advanced 5G experience
- Advanced RF engineering experience
- Familiarity with lab equipment and tools such as QXDM, Wireshark, XCAL, and other debugging tools
- Knowledge of test equipment from vendors such as Prisma, Viavi and others.
- Knowledge of various other topics including eCPRI, CPRI, 1588 timing, NetConf, YANG Models, Massive MIMO, Link budgets and IP