The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for the administration and operation of the firm’s Infrastructure. This role requires an in depth knowledge of Active Directory, Federation, Windows Server 2012 R2, VMware ESX, Windowssecurity, and related technologies. The candidate will be part of the Delivery Services group. Candidate must be a self-starter, and demonstrate experience managing projects to completion. Candidate must be self-motivated and well organized, and must have strong communications skills. This position works very closely with the AVP of Delivery Services and Senior Systems Engineers of IT Operations.
- Candidate MUST have strong Power Shell scriptingexperience as well as operational responsibility over the Active Directory, ADFS, DNS, DHCP and PKI services
- Install and maintain hardware and software on a virtualized Windowsnetwork
- Develop processes and procedures to ensure managed environments maintain the highest levels of availability, security, and quality
- Lead the security work stream of Active Directory consolidation program; Identify risks and provide guidance regarding remediation of gaps, to facilitate delivery of a hardened and sustainable AD environment. Deliver scripted solutions to assist with discovery and remediation of ad-hocsecurity gaps
- Follow all set procedures and policies pertaining to the Change Management system.
- Develop capacity forecasts for managed environments that are proactive and prevent problems prior to outages
- Manage "crisis situations" to a satisfactory conclusion (even under stress)
- Provide guidance on topics broadly related to information securityrisk and compliance
- Serves as escalation point and provide troubleshooting guidance and direction in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems.
- Candidate must be able to accommodateschedule flexibility to deal with escalations and occasional changes during non-core business hours
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including strong listening skills
Ability to effectively communicate business and technical information to audiences with varying backgrounds
Ability to communicate with offshore teams and technical development teams
Good documentation and presentation skills.
Ability to interact with management in a professional manner
Ability to effectively plan, facilitate, and participate in meetings with employees from all organizational levels
Effectively use teamwork to contribute to a high-morale/high-performance team culture, leading by example
Demonstrate the ability to work in an open way, willingness to share knowledge and resources and to educate others within a global team.
Effective team player and collaborator
Strong skills in prioritization and reprioritization to react to a dynamic environment as Arch continues to evolve
Results driven; Ability to work independently; Self-starter
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience supporting a production environment
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant practical experience managing/troubleshooting authentication services
- At least 5 plus years of strong PowerShell Automation Experience
- At least 5 years of advanced level Active Directory experience
- Knowledge of Kerberos, LDAP, Active Directory, ADFS, DNS, DHCP
- Experience with implementation of backup/restore and disaster and recovery strategies
- Strong familiarity with security issues surrounding network computing and experience in implementation of security systems and controls
- Industry specific training or designation a plus
- Technical degree or certifications preferred but not required
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory, ADFS, GPO's in a Windows Server 2012 R2 environment
- Significant experience with Windows operating systems scripting and troubleshooting
- Experience with user and security administration in the Windows environment
- Extensive experience with maintenance and administration of VMWare virtualized systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Dell InTrust, Dell Change Auditor, and Dell GPOAdmin are preferable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Non-Windows Server architectures, Virtualization Technologies, and LAN/WAN/Firewall/VPNnetworktechnologies
- Candidate must have a technologist mindset with aptitude to work on complex projects while possessing organization, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to cross-train team members.
- Strong ability to adapt to an extremely dynamic environment comprising of high degree of complexities and priorities
Job ID 2017-1344