Senior Systems Engineer
Spirent is currently looking for an experienced Systems Engineer in Silicon Valley region. This individual will be an integral member of Spirent's regional sales team and work closely with many of Spirent's strategic Customers and Industry experts.
Spirent's sales team collaborates with our customers to ensure the deployment of the highest performing services. Spirent solutions allow service providers and equipment manufacturers to thoroughly evaluate device performance and network interoperability prior to deployment. Spirent solutions enhance these network conditions and add Quality of Experience for wireline, wireless and satellite technologies.
Spirent is its employees. Finding the flexible path to help you realize your passion and ambition is central to our success as a global leader in test and measurement. At Spirent we work together to find the right route to develop your skills and experience, nurturing your curious spirit to find new solutions for our customers and extend your own knowledge. We help you push the boundaries in a culture that gives you the freedom to innovate. Working at the frontiers of next generation technologies opens up new opportunities all the time. And of course life outside work changes too. So we make sure your career path flexes to keep you going in the right direction and at the right speed. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
- Provide direct pre-sales and post-sales support to key customers.
- Establish strategic working relationships with assigned clients and under each client's technical and business needs.
- Work as part of the Spirent's Sales team to tailor Spirent product presentations and provide technical support to clients' as required to help obtain sales objectives.
- Effectively work with internal/external teams to anticipate and qualify customer needs.
- Provide technical demonstrations and presentations to customers.
- Provide post-sales support and on-going customer training, as required.
- Work with Spirent Support and Engineering teams to help solve customer issues.
- Identify customer requirements and communicate these requirements/feature requests to Product Marketing.
- 5 years+ technical experience in Telecommunications / Data communications Industry.
- Self-motivated, working independently and willing to accept challenges.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Strong technical skills in networking, security, applications and/or protocol design is desired.
- Technology know-how: IP and Ethernet technologies, Data Center Ethernet, 100/40/10GigEth. Metro Ethernet, VOIP, L4-L7 technologies.
- Application level protocol knowledge (HTTP(s), FTP, DNS, TELNET, TCP/IP, Streaming Media)
- Security device knowledge (Firewall, load balancing, IDS, IPS)
- Routing protocol knowledge, both IPv4 and IPv6 including RIP, BGP, OSPF, ISIS. MPLS Protocol knowledge: RSVP-TE, LDP.
- Programming Language experience in TCL/TK, C/C++, Java, Perl are a plus.
- Previous Technical Sales/Support/Marketing experience.
- Ability to travel locally within Bay Area (90%).
- Previous telecom/networking test equipment experience would be a plus (Spirent TestCenter, Avalanche, Mu Dynamics, SmartBits, Adtech, Ixia, Agilent, Shenick, BreakingPoint Systems).
- Network/Security certifications, including CCNA, CCIE, JNCIA and or CISSP are a plus.