Systems Engineer - Service Provider Virtualization
Spirent is currently looking for a Systems Engineer to cover Service Provider accounts with a focus on developing Virtual trends. This individual will be an integral member of Spirent's regional sales team and work closely with many of Spirent's strategic Customers and Industry experts.
Spirent's sales team collaborates with our customers to ensure the deployment of the highest performing equipment and services. Spirent solutions allow service providers, enterprises and equipment manufacturers to thoroughly evaluate device performance and network interoperability prior to deployment. Spirent solutions enhance these network conditions and add Quality of Experience for wireline, wireless and satellite technologies.
Spirent is its employees. Finding the flexible path to help you realize your passion and ambition is central to our success as a global leader in test and measurement. At Spirent we work together to find the right route to develop your skills and experience, nurturing your curious spirit to find new solutions for our customers and extend your own knowledge. We help you push the boundaries in a culture that gives you the freedom to innovate. Working at the frontiers of next generation technologies opens up new opportunities all the time. And of course life outside work changes too. So we make sure your career path flexes to keep you going in the right direction and at the right speed. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
- Provide direct Pre and Post Sales support to Spirent's Carrier customers.
- Work as part of the Spirent's Sales team to tailor Spirent product presentations and provide technical expertise as required in helping obtain sales objectives.
- Conduct technical demonstrations, proof of concepts and presentations to customers.
- Aid in the discovery and qualification of new opportunities and accounts.
- Establish strong strategic working relationships with assigned clients and understand each client's technical and business needs.
- Identify customer requirements and communicate these requirements/feature requests to Product Marketing.
- Effectively work with internal/external teams to anticipate and qualify customer needs.
- Provide post-sales support and on-going customer training, as required.
- Work with Spirent Support and Engineering teams to help solve customer issues.
- Self-motivated and independent worker willing to accept challenges.
- Strong verbal, written and customer communication skills.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Significant knowledge of several aspects of virtualization: VMware, KVM, Azure, Dockers and Containers, NFV, orchestration, etc.
- Strong technical skills in IP Networking, routing and switching, security and applications.
- Technology know-how: Ethernet technologies 100/40/10GigEth, Ethernet Service Assurance, LTE (EPC, IMS).
- NFV knowledge of how VNF's are used in a production network and their impact on performance, scalability and infrastructure.
- Security device knowledge (Firewall, load balancing, IDS, IPS).
- Routing protocol knowledge, both IPv4 and IPv6 including BGP, OSPF, ISIS and MPLS.
- Ability to travel within United States (50%+).
- Previous test and measurement experience a plus. (Ex: Spirent, Ixia, Keysight, NetScout).
- Network/Security certifications which will need to be completed include CCNA, CISSP, VCP track.