General Description The incumbent is responsible for the performance of engineering duties for the proper and proactive validation and evaluation of wireless products, mobile station equipment, and related carrier technologies primarily at Samsung locations. Performs tasks as a systems engineering representative for SQE and US operators conformance lab teams using customer relations sensitivities and skills to proactively evaluate, adapt, and facilitate the adaptation of the product into client’s product delivery infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Use technical engineering knowledge and experience to understand customer requirements and applications and radio test cases
• Have the skills and knowledge to validate and evaluate new wireless products and features, including the verification by simulation and/or reproduction of errors and complaints of wireless products and technologies.
• Interface proactively and effectively with corporate Korean development engineering teams, US support teams and dept. team members, various client carriers engineering personnel.
• Perform complex, semi-routine and routine application tests, to evaluate embedded applications firmware for quality, standards performance, functionality conformance and adaptation to ensure the interoperability of system products.
• Make recommendations to management personnel or product development engineers on corrective actions required and effectively adapt solutions agreed upon in a timely manner to ensure correct and effective product launches and installation.
• Coordinate and review testing of 3rd party companies to complete required independent testing.
• Generate, track, and close non-compliant issues in Samsung configuration management environment
• Supervise and train lab and field resource to perform full and regression tests of firmware improvements to validate corrective actions of GSM, WCDMA, and LTE subscriber products
• Manage the documentation and maintenance of all internal processes and metrics for internal training and data leveraging
• Advise management on the logistics, capacity, and scheduling of lab and field resources
• Manage the submission of technical carrier deliverables required for each life cycle of a product
• Architect tools to constantly improve team proficiency and efficiency
Necessary Skills / Attributes
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, a related field or a foreign equivalent, plus two (2) years of post- baccalaureate progressively responsible experience in telecommunications engineering. In lieu of a Master’s degree and 2 years of experience, a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering plus five (5) years of experience.
• Must have experience in the following: LTE, GSM/GPRS/EDGE and UMTS/WCDMA, IMS technologies such as IR92, IR94, RCS, NW features such as 4x4 MIMO, 256QAM, LAA, Carrier Aggregation, Qualcomm chipset tools including QXDM, QCAT, and QPST, and Samsung chipset tools including Mobile Analyzer and NNEXT tools, AT&T 10776 and T-Mobile Pre-test US carrier test plans and carrier requirements.
• Must be able to read, analyze and interpret technical requirements and procedures.
• Develop and maintain excellent technical skills including proactive, customer service oriented working relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside the company.
• Plan, organize and prioritize multiple engineering support assignments and projects as directed by the manager of the group and/or other departmental officers.
• Read, interpret and act on very high level of proper understanding of technical documents, engineering test materials and related documents based on corporate engineering standards and philosophy.
• In customer service related situations demonstrate high competency level in communication skills using both oral and written modes for internal and external personnel at all management and staff organizational levels for both persuasion in sales decision activities and/or the communication of technical information. Must be able to communicate in writing, through email and reports, or orally complex technical matters to an audience that may include less technically oriented listeners.
• Work independently and in a team environment in order to achieve personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames. Tasks are guided by clearly defined objectives and functional direction with an implied knowledge of task alternatives and decision making experience.