Job Family:Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for the execution and management of multiple IT/Cyber Security projects and resources. The selected candidate must be able to work independently and complete tasks assigned by her/his manager to implement desired strategies. The successful candidate will have excellent proven communications skills and experience in presenting technical issues to a wide variety of audiences. The individual will have experience coordinating activities across multiple departments and business units. In addition, the candidate needs broad technical knowledge of current and emerging technologies. While the primary purpose of this position is to provide System Administration and Information Technology (IT) engineering and support, the role is specialized to Information Security systems. The right person could have slightly less IT securityexperience if they have a solid operations support background and a desire to dive into security as their path long term with the organization.
- Five (5)+ years of relevant system administration, virtualization, configuration, and support experience, with at least four (4) of those years’ experience in administering Microsoft Server 2008/2012 and Active Directory services
- Three (3)+ years of relevant experience with large enterprise data centers and/or networks.
- Three (3)+ years of relevant experience in supporting web applications, scalable web services and proactive monitoring tools for web applications.
- Ability to perform security assessments, risk analysis, vulnerability testing, preparation of remediation reports and delivering key metrics for management.
- Document all system administration processes and installation procedures
- Identifying areas for enterprise wide system improvements and upgrades and making recommendations for enhancing user/systems security
- Anticipating and evaluating the threats and vulnerabilities associated with emergent technologies
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously with good time-management skills
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Strong work ethic, demonstrated self-starter, ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in evolving and improving IT system architecture and design with emphasis in analyzing general system processing throughput, utilization and capacity.
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with application monitoring tools (New Relic, AppDynamics, or similar)
- Experience with programming scripts such as VBS or PowerShell
- Candidate must may possess, or be willing to pursue, applicable professional/technical certifications, such as: MSCE, C/EH; CISSP (preferred); CISM; CISA; GIAC GCIH Incident Handling & Malicious Code; GIAC GSEC SANs Security Essentials, NETWORK+; SECURITY+
- Proficient in the areas of networking, database, and programming/scripting skills as well as considered expert in one (or more) of those same areas
- Experience designing applications and/or experience with various programming languages.
- Hands on experience using commercial information security tools such as ArcSight, Archer, Intrusion Prevention Systems, and Web Application Firewalls.