Clearance: Active/current DoD Secret and ability to obtain TSA agency suitability clearance
Education/Experience: A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline with 7 or more years related professional experience. (Education can be substituted for 10 years of experience as a Windows professional).
Certification: MCSE, ITIL, SAFe certifications are desired
Schedule: Requires 24x7 on-call support on a rotating basis
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Job Listing Number: CO20018
Contract Labor Category: Senior Systems Engineer
Currently, S4 Inc. is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Senior Windows Administrator to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for windows system operations comprising at a minimum, system operations, administration, O&M, and security
- Support the continuous monitoring and management of enterprise windows systems to include security, capacity, performance, availability, and facility support elements (i.e. power/cooling).
- Responsible for Windows technical planning, implementation, performance tuning, and recovery/troubleshooting procedures for enterprise systems.
- Be forward looking, and Identify opportunities to improve and automate the environment and operational efficiency across the Windows enterprise
- Responsible for the security and management of Windows servers and desktops in all environments, Production and Non-Production.
- Solve complex integration and technical problems in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Work with other System Administrators, DBAs, Network Administrators, Storage Administrators, and application developers to resolve various system issues
- Support virtualized and physical Windows systems, for both Server and Desktop Windows environments.
- Active DOD Secret clearance and ability to obtain agency suitability clearance
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline with 7 or more years related professional experience. (Education can be substituted for 10 years of experience as a Windows professional).
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and written, with an ability to understand and discuss highly technical subjects to multiple levels of internal and external leadership.
- Security focused mindset experienced with large scale enterprise deployments of applications and security updates across a diverse multi customer environment.
- Knowledge and experience installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Windows operating systems and applications including Windows Server 2012 - 2019, and Windows 10
- Knowledge and experience with installation, configuration, management, and troubleshooting of virtual desktop infrastructure.
- Experience building and deploying servers in a VMWare virtualized environment
- Experience with enterprise software deployment using SCCM/SCOM
- Demonstrated experience with PowerShell scripting, server configuration automation, and automated Windows server deployments.
- Experience and ability to troubleshoot a diverse set of OS and application issues across differing application environments
- Deep understanding and experience with Active directory architecture and administration at both the Forest and Domain level.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange administration
- Ability to maintain documentation reflecting the current operational environment
- Functional understanding of basic network infrastructure including switches, firewalls, subnets, and load balancers
- Requires 24x7 on call support on a rotating basis
- Experience with SolarWinds monitoring administration
- Automated Windows deployment using Ansible
- Experience with Mcafee ePolicy administration
- Experience with SAN or Network storage setup/administration
- MSCE Certification
- ITIL Certification
- SAFe Certification
- Ability to type
- Ability to lift servers and perform general data center work such as pulling cables, racking and stacking equipment.