The Rotary Wing Platform Systems (RWPS) department is responsible for leading Government Systems helicopter programs, ensuring cost, schedule, quality, and overall performance. RWPS teams work on the front lines of program execution with Program Managers and customers, including OEMs, all branches of the U.S. military and foreign governments. Steady new business in the Airborne Solutions portfolio has created the demand for additional systems engineers.
This position is for a Senior Systems Engineer who will perform systems engineering tasks in a team environment on H-47, MH-65E, or MH-60T helicopters.. The selected candidate will be involved in all phases of systems engineering projects including bidding, planning, requirements definition, architectural design, integration, verification, and validation.
The selected candidate will work closely with technical project managers and subsystem domain engineers to ensure that the system meets requirements and expectations, satisfies program cost and schedule constraints, and maximizes product commonality across platforms.
The selected candidate will have:
* Integrated avionics knowledge
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Willingness and ability to attack problems proactively
* Willingness and ability to travel (domestic and international)
* Ability to obtain a security clearance (US Citizenship required)
*Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline
The selected candidate may have experience with the following:
* Integrated avionics systems with flight displays & integrated communication, navigation, flight management, and mission subsystems
* Experience in all phases of systems engineering process
* Significant technical interaction with customers, including formal presentations
* Architectural Design, Requirements capture, Integration & Verification
* DOORS, ClearQuest, & Subversion
* Knowledge of avionics data buses, such as Ethernet, MIL-STD-1553B, and ARINC-42
* Certification standards including DO-178B
* ALM Tool suite knowledge
Job ID: 7802