The Career Potential
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It’s who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
As the company continues to grow, we are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer will plan and conduct complex experiments and analysis which systematically identify, rule in, and rule out failure modes to establish root cause, for medical device hardware, software, and assays. Further purposes are to: communicate effectively about status and findings, and to identify, recommend, and aid in developing potential solutions and corrective actions
- Using DOE and Statistically sound methodologies, design and conduct Experiments and Analysis, to either reproduce anomalies or to test hypotheses in a biohazard laboratory environment.
- Structure, develop, and populate complex datasets, and perform deep analysis on those data sets,
- Document and effectively communicate findings to technical and non-technical audiences, to enable institutional learning and to satisfy the documentation requirements of Ortho’s quality system.
- Contribute to the plan for major technical investigations: Under the guidance of a Staff or Principal Engineer, contribute to process flow maps and funneling tasks, and propose hypotheses for potential root causes. Independently plan smaller-scale investigations.
- Provide expert 3rd-level technical support to the customer service organization.
- Write Quality System records in conjunction withinvestigations
- Operating in a biohazard lab environment
- Communicating with an international community of technical support staff
- Seeking technical resolutions from development partners, outside Ortho and outside the US
- BS required, MS or PhD preferred. Engineering or related scientific discipline.
- Experience with antigen/antibody reactions or complex Hardware/Software/biochemistry interactions highly desirable.
- Minimum 5 years, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10% travel, Domestic and International