Infotainment System Engineers are at the core of our feature development process, transforming high level descriptions into working software that delivers a beautiful and intuitive in-vehicle experience to Rivian drivers and passengers. In this role, you will focus on the In-Vehicle Navigation domain.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams such as Strategy, UX, UI, domain owners, vehicle system architects, etc. to agree on feature design and implementation strategies for Navigation.
- Document Navigation requirements at vehicle, system and component levels.
- Define system and software architecture for Infotainment Navigation functions & features in collaboration with the Software Development and Test teams.
- Develop boundary diagrams to identify dependencies between Infotainment and other vehicle domains needed to implement Navigation features.
- Participate in system level DFMEA and PFMEA analysis.
- Support investigation and resolution of issues found during integration and vehicle testing.
- Serve as a point of contact for the Infotainment team at cross-functional meetings.
- 8+ years of experience with system requirements analysis, definition, and management.
- Significant experience in software architecture involving embedded systems, mobile devices, and cloud services.
- Deep technical knowledge of navigation, mapping, routing, and location-based applications.
- Working knowledge of RESTful APIs, and the integration of third-party web services into applications.
- Experience working with diverse technical and non-technical teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills.
- Experience in the automotive industry desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.