Superior career opportunity for a Sr. Systems Engineer with a premier firm!!!
Company is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer that will be a key player in the organization, helping shape its vision and mission through excellent practices.
Why this is a great organization to join:
Client is an established firm with years of progressive growth; Great reputation in the industry; Quality work and loyal client base; Profitable; Privately owned; Strong leadership team and seasoned staff; Focused on growth; Low turnover; Fun and enjoyable work environment; Fast-paced; Team oriented.
• Pre-sale conceptual design, schedule, and cost estimation of semi-automated industrial laser processing workstations
• Detailed design of tooling, fixtures, layout of motion control components and other peripherals, electromechanical packaging • Conduct acceptance testing leading to customer sign-off on selected projects
• Project management role for selected projects from purchase order to shipment.
• Assume primary responsibility for successful completion of assigned projects.
• Oversee construction and maintenance of design file and user documentation for complete system
• Prepare engineering input for product release and support by other departments Environment, resources, and methods
• Report to Manager, Systems Engineering
• Tasks may be assigned by direct manager and Proposal Manager
• Further day to day coordination with Production Manager, Applications Manager, and Sales Manager as needed in Project Management role
• Current-business-driven work cycles: Pre-booking: one week turnaround on concept sketches and estimation. Postbooking: PO to shipment typically 12 weeks
• Design and documentation tools include SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Visio
• Engineering, documentation, machine shop, assembly, test, and applications lab resources are matrixed over multiple projects.
• Will be responsible for one or more concurrent projects
• Four-year degree in Engineering
• Formal project management training and experience
• Communicate well orally and in writing with customers and others with whom he/she works with within and outside the Engineering department.
• Able to prepare and deliver professional technical and educational presentations
• Work experience using SolidWorks, machine tools, and mechanical metrology equipment
• Practical experience with professional engineering design and document control methodology
• Demonstrated ability to design for long term support and modification
• Three years+ experience in designing or specifying tooling, fixtures, layout of motion control components and other peripherals, electromechanical packaging as found in industrial automation systems
• Ability to travel occasionally (2 weeks per quarter)