The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, operating systems, and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows systems that support MGM’s Global Infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support Asset Management; Responsibilities on these systems include CSA operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation and stability of the environment.
- Monitor, manage, and resolve daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Monitor, manage, and resolve regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Monitor, manage, and resolve daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Monitor, manage, and resolve regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports Global Infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field; or equivalent work experience.
- At least 4 years of experience in the computing field.
- At least 4 years of experience with system administration.
- At least 4 years of experience in a technical role in a large enterprise environment.
- At least 2 years of experience in roles operating enterprise class server and storage solutions.
- At least 3 years of experience working with virtual technologies: VMWare ESX, Virtual Center, and Citrix.
- At least 3 years of experience with Windows 2003/2008/2012 server administration.
- At least 3 years of experience of Windows Active Directory administrations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Microsoft Certifications ( Certified Solutions Associate – Sever 2008/2013) or Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Certifications ( Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA)) or IBM Certified Systems Administrator (AIX).
- Any of the following certifications: Microsoft Certified Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (System Center), Citrix Certifications – (Virtualization), Cisco Certification (Data Center Unified Computing) VMware DCV (Data Center Virtualization) Certifications (VCA / VCP / VCAP / VCDX), Red Hat Certificate of Expertise, Other platform and system certifications by industry recognized organizations.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.