You're a great fit if:
- You are passionate about system architecture and system design documentation.
- You have a knack for analyzing system requirements and leading design and development activities.
- You are excited about developing technical documentations.
You'll love our position if: (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- You have 20+ years of experience as a SE in programs of similar scope, type and complexity.
- You have demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts.
- You are an experienced test engineer as applied to field engineering.
- You have experience in designing, developing, deploying, and/or migrating to virtual private clouds.
- Familiarity with modeling and simulation tools.
- You have direct experience with simulation software such as Simio (preferred) ARENA, FlexSim, ProModel, Sim3D.
- Ability to guide implementation of simulation tool to model customer environment and instruct others in the use of the tool.
- You understand virtualization technologies such as ESXi, VMware, OpenStack, KVM, docker and/or CISCO FlexPods.
- You understand virtualized system's configuration management utilizing cloud Configuration Management tools.
- You have DoD JCIDS experience.
We'll REALLY love you if: (This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out
- You have knowledge of configuring network firewalls and routers, establishing Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and/or Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs).
- You have experience formulating test requirements, test methods, test plans, test cases/procedures/scenarios
- You have an understanding of Cryptographic and Key Management systems.
- You have experience drafting DOD Initial Capability Documents (ICD) and supporting Analysis of Alternative (AOA) activities.
- You have experience performing Software/System testing to include: Integration testing, Development Test & Evaluation testing, and Regression testing.
What your day will look like:
- You’ll guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
- You’ll interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
- You’ll ensure technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility.
- You’ll analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- You’ll analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities
- You’ll guide users in formulating requirements, advise alternative approaches, and conduct feasibility studies.
- You’ll incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations.