World Wide Technology, LLC has an opportunity available for a Senior Systems Engineer (Microsoft) supporting the USACE - IT contract. Responsibilities include reporting to the Chief Systems Engineer, primarily works in a Microsoft Active Directory, System Center Configuration Manager, Office365 and Azure environment that includes email, messaging, cloud migrations, and the architecture, configuration, and deployment of those services. Translates business needs into long-term architecture solutions. Defines, designs, and builds messaging, directory services, and commercial-off-the-shelf environments. Responsible for developing communications infrastructure, design architecture and artifacts, evaluating hardware and software platforms, configurations, and integrating systems. Evaluates current environment for additional performance efficiencies, stability, reliability, and serviceability, and security posture.
- Collaborate openly and frankly with all internal and external partners, such as Government Engineers, Contractor Engineers, Contractor Operations staff, Management, and 3rd party vendors
- Work independently, help others and ask for help without hesitation
- Ensure timely delivery of all Engineering Service Requests, removing any obstacles to completing work as scheduled
- Perform risk analysis of each Engineering Service Request, and inform all stakeholders of the applicable risks
- In coordination with Government partners, prioritize workload
- Provide technical guidance and leadership on the Email, voice, video, and text communications needs of all software and hardware used in the Corps of Engineers' environment, which includes, in part, products by HP, Dell, Cisco, VMware, Microsoft, Citrix, NetApp, HItachi, etc., and the integration of new Email, voice, video, and text communications products within the Corps of Engineers' environment
- Assist/Mentor junior Email, voice, video, and text communications Engineers on technical solutions and architecture
- Participate in developing the target Email, voice, video, and text communications architecture
- Provide monthly status reports to the Chief Systems Engineer
- Provide significant input and authorship of the Technology Refresh Plan, and the Capacity and Demand Management Plan for the environment's Email, voice, video, and text communications area, in accordance with the Technology Target Architecture, and in collaboration with the Government Engineering team, Enterprise Operations team, and fellow contractor engineers
- Provide technical leadership and collaborative consulting on the Engineering Review Board, and the Change Advisory Board
- Continually enhance the performance of the Engineering team, Corps environment and Operational support through continual process improvement, automation, full utilization of existing tool sets, and recommendations for new tools
- Develop or analyze requirements in a Requirements Traceability Matrix, design and develop solution options in a Systems Engineering Plan, provide test plans, develop implementation plans including integration with existing systems in the production environment, provide engineering support through transition to operations and "Early Life" of new or upgraded systems/services in production, provide tools, processes and procedures for monitoring/performance measurement, event detection, problem identification and remediation, and troubleshooting assistance as needed after deployment
- In collaboration with the Government Engineer, bring proposed changes to the Change Advisory Board
- Give Continuous Service Improvement recommendations to the Chief Engineer
- Report on forthcoming End of Life or End of Support to the Government Engineering team and Contractor Operations support -- develop plans for replacement, to be included in the Technology Refresh Plan
- Perform detailed market research, develop Bills of Materials for Government consumption
- Develop or update, and continually maintain all as-built site infrastructure drawings and associated documentation
- Track work in the provided ITSM tool set (presently BMC Remedy), Gantt Charts (MS Project), and report all project status to the associated Government Engineer, Contractor Project Manager, and Engineering Leadership, etc.
- Design new implementations of the Email, voice, video, and text communications environment stack, and after Information Assurance review, coordinate the installation of them with the DevOps Engineer, Enterprise Operations, and relevant stakeholders
- Document Email, voice, video, and text communications architecture, including network port connectivity, and design choices of the associated applications (Low Level Design, High Level Design)
- Integrate Email, voice, video, and text communications systems into the enterprise Configuration Management Database
- Automate facets of the Email, voice, video, and text communications environment, including deployment, SSL certificate monitoring/requests, patching and upgrades in coordination with DevOps Engineers
- Provide secure, reliable, and high performing configurations of the Email, voice, video, and text communications environment environments
Other duties as assigned
* Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start
* Engineer will possess a Security+, CASP, or CISSP certification.
* Current knowledge of IT requirements analysis, including capacity planning and interface integration. Breadth of knowledge will include Microsoft Windows Servers, Active Directory, Office 365 software as a service, Microsoft Azure cloud hosting (SaaS, Paas and IaaS), and System Center Configuration Manager (application delivery, compliance settings, and OSD).
* Previous experience with multi-site, multi-vendor enterprise IT architecture. Engineer will document and socialize network design and design considerations to a change-management team.