McCarthy Holdings, Inc. is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to architect, configure, migrate, and maintain business critical systems vital to daily operations. This position will be working within AWS and Azure, as well as with on-premise environments. This position reports to the Director of Computing Services.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Building and supporting public / private cloud solutions (AWS and Azure) as well as legacy on-premise environments
- Providing technical leadership and advice to other team members and leaders
- Developing and documenting approaches to provision and manage cloud infrastructure
- Collaboration with multiple IT teams (Applications, Help Desk, End User Computing, Network, Security) to research, purchase, implement and support complex information systems.
- Server, Storage and Virtualization architecture and engineering
- Windows environment configuration, installation, support and troubleshooting.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning, design, implementation and troubleshooting.
- Rotational on-call and after hours work as necessary.
- Documentation of all areas of responsibility.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 7 years or more experience implementing technical solutions in an engineering capacity.
- 2 years or more working with public cloud technologies (AWS and Azure)
- 2 years or more migrating workloads to cloud platforms.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuation experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Strong understanding of security best practices.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server 2012 and higher (installation, configuration, patching, troubleshooting and imaging).
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Strong listening, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong desire to provide exceptional customer service.
- Thorough knowledge of the VMWare ESX 6 platform or higher.
- Driven to evaluate and recommend continuous improvement initiatives.
Additional Experience and Skills that are not required but would be beneficial:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Familiarity with Citrix technologies including XenApp and Netscaler.
- Familiarity with SAN technologies including NetApp.
- Linux administration experience with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, and support Linux-based systems supporting various applications.
- Experienced with backup software/hardware operation and configuration.
- Familiarity with Oracle E-Business suite.
- Familiarity with Primavera P6 scheduling software (including WebLogic).
- Familiarity with Microsoft CRM 2013 to 365 on premise.