These individuals will provide systems engineering and engineering management support for full systems engineering life cycle of the programs, projects, and initiatives within the program management office’s portfolios of programs. These individuals will apply sound systems engineering processes and best practices to ensure high quality of products and services are provided to the customer to enable rapid deployment of technologies to the field and efficient operation of existing capabilities in the field.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Providing technical support to operational need analysis, market survey, solutions development and/or evaluation, alternatives analysis, requirements definition and management, risk identification, analysis, and management, schedule development, analysis, and management, configuration and data management, test and evaluation as required
- Developing Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) Tailoring Plans.
- Providing support, development, and technical subject matter expertise on engineering documents as identified in the program/project SELC TP. This includes reviewing documents, conducing assessments, and providing briefings.
- Leading work group and/or IPT meetings as required
- Participating in program-level review boards, including engineering, configuration, risk, and test review boards.
- Providing analysis and reporting to ensure the technical integrity of all technical baselines as defined by the client.
- Providing investigation, collection, and evaluation of technical information for market research and trade studies.
- Maintaining comprehensive awareness of the program’s and contract’s progress with respect to cost, schedule, and performance as an enabler to informed decision making.
- Advising program leadership on status of technical developments, issues, and readiness to enter into SELC technical reviews and all program reviews.
- Advising program leadership when the program has achieved the technical review entrance/exit criteria.
- Highly Preferred: Active U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) BI. All position require eligibility to acquire CBP BI, for which you must be a US Citizen.
- Senior Systems Engineer:
- 10+ years’ experience and a MS degree in systems engineering or a related discipline (4 additional years of relevant experience and a BS STEM degree in lieu of a MS degree)
- Experience supporting multi-functional technical engineering support services teams for large, complex programs
- Experience with the full systems engineering life cycle and its processes and practices
- Familiar with DHS or DoD acquisition life cycle framework
- Knowledge of a broad spectrum of engineering disciplines
- Mid-Level Systems Engineer:
- 3-10 years’ experience and a BS or MS degree in systems engineering or a related discipline
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPointPossess strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Possess strong organizational skills and problem solving skills
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a comprehensive government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. The background investigation includes financial, criminal, residential, educational, foreign affiliation, and employment verifications.