LinQuest is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team in Fort Meade, MD. The successful candidate needs to have strong satellite communications technical skills and cybersecurity knowledge and experience. The job requires close coordination and daily interactions with DoD customers in their on-site facility to translate current and future requirements into executable strategies. The candidate must be experienced in the SATCOM domain and be comfortable with technical details and developing future concepts to meet the warfighters' needs. The ideal candidate is team player fostering a collaborative and consensus approach to problem solving and delivering timely solutions with a customer-focused positive attitude.
- Developing DOD Gateway policy and Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) regarding Gateway operations
- Consolidating quarterly health assessments of DOD Gateway systems and reviewing and analyzing Quality Assurance (QA) for DISN SATCOM related systems
- Monitoring the installation plans and statuses of DOD Gateways, maintaining a status of the capability, and current usage of each DOD Gateway
- Analyzing current usage of the DOD Gateways and making recommendations for improvements
- Developing Continuity of Operations (COOP) plans and mission essential functions for the Gateway C-SSE as well as other security issues as directed.
- BS in Engineering or Technical disciplines
- Expertise in SATCOM system design, development or operations
- Ability to assess end-to-end system/network performance
- Ability to perform in an independent working environment directly supporting customers
- US Citizenship and an active Secret clearance is required to be considered for this position
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Cybersecurity knowledge and experience related to DoD systems
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- BS in Engineering, Science, a technical field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in military communications system acquisition and/or operations
- 3+ (recent) years of experience with DoD SATCOM and/or DISA SATCOM
- Advanced engineering or business degree
- CyberSecurity systems background.