Summary / Description
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Systems Engineer Leads interested in joining our team in Washington, DC and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will lead a team of world class systems engineers that operate, maintain, and engineer/implement the next generation of technology for a customer’s IT infrastructure at more than 70 locations nationwide. You will provide the vision and leadership to create new value streams with technology. This is a “working” lead role, meaning you will lead the team and also use your engineering skills. You will bring technical thought leadership in enterprise architecture, leading edge technologies, and relationships/experience with top technology vendors. You will engage regularly and communicate effectively with the customer on complex technical matters.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
- Bring technical thought leadership and innovative ideas in enterprise architecture and leading edge technologies.
- Explore how to leverage technology to create new value streams.
- Develop and execute the roadmap of the customer’s systems infrastructure.
- Develop engineering plans and execute to timelines.
- Develop and execute with the customer, a shared vision of IT O&M services.
- Conduct analysis of alternatives to help the customer chose the path to take.
- Bring flexibility to pivot and adjust to the needs to Unisys’ customer.
- Bring broad technical subject matter expertise with deep skills in focus areas.
- Assist the customer in leveraging to the maximum extent possible their existing infrastructure.
- Bring creative solutions to issues.
- Develop/build a high performing team with low turnover and career growth opportunity.
- U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of IT O&M experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a leadership role for engineers.
- Broad subject matter expertise in IT infrastructure services.
- Deep expertise in one or more specialties.
- One or more certifications required (CISSP, Microsoft, Cisco, ITIL, or others).
- Track record of leveraging technology to create new value streams.
- A Public Trust clearance or the ability to obtain one is required.