DECISIVE ANALYTICS Corporation is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer for Land and Vehicle Systems. This position will assist in supporting our Office of the Secretary of Defense customer in Alexandria, VA.
Responsible for providing contemporary technical insights, expertise, and analysis of Land Vehicle Systems (MDAP/MAIS) in support of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, Systems Engineering (DASD(SE)), Director, Major Program Support.
Duties will include:
- Providing program, systems engineering, and acquisition support to the government team lead for the Land Vehicle and Communications portfolio.
- Conducting OSD-level technical reviews and assessments of DoD major acquisition programs (e.g., PDR, CDR, PSR). Evaluate and make recommendations to the MDA on the readiness to enter/exit acquisition milestone in accordance with statutory, regulatory (e.g DODI 5000.02), and DoD guidance.
- Aiding Service acquisition offices in developing (and coordinating) comprehensive Systems Engineering Plans (SEPs) for DASD(SE) approval
- Presenting to senior acquisition leadership on the status and issues associated with assigned communications systems in preparation for acquisition decision meetings.
- Maintaining objective insight into programs’ requirement performance and other technical metrics, schedule, risks, engineering management, production, integration, and other engineering discipline heath and status via quarterly (at minimum) engagement with the program office and contractor sites for the assigned portfolio.
- Performing ad hoc analysis and generation of high quality technical reports and presentations for senior DoD leadership to support various public speaking engagements, symposium, conferences, and Congressional/OSD/Service reports.
- Expert technical knowledge of Land Vehicle or Communications systems Ideally expert technical knowledge of one or more of the following programs: Ground Combat Vehicle (GCV), Amphibious Combat Vehicle (ACV), Joint Light Tactival Vehicle (JLTV), Mid-tier Networking Vehicular Radio (MNVR), Warfighter Information Network-Tactical (WIN-T), Joint Tactical Radio System (JTRS), Software Defined Radios, Family of Advanced Beyond Line-of-Sight Terminals (FAB-T), Rifleman Radio, Soldier Radio Waveform (SRW)
- Experience performing system engineer functions to include the planning and evaluation of design reviews (PDR/CDR), technical performance measures, program requirements, system engineering plans, risk, and schedules for DoD acquisition programs
- Experience working in an acquisition program office (ACAT 1D preferred) or on Service/OSD staff overseeing acquisition programs
- Understanding of the technical and programmatic elements of DoD acquisition lifecycle, activities, timeline, acquisitions, best practices, policies, dependencies, and interrelationships associated with DoDI 5000.02
- Previously supported a senior-level staff in a Military Service or OSD (acquisition or otherwise)
- Must have demonstrated expert knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint; Strong analytical and statistical analysis capability; Have performed critical analysis of technical data with the goal of recommending corrective courses of action
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and proven communication skills: must have experience providing briefings and presentations to senior-level officials (samples of briefings and relevant analysis/report capability will be required);
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of Department of Defense (DoD) experience in acquisition, engineering, operationally relevant, and/or program management experience
- Must have at minimum a SECRET clearance, and capable of obtaining a TS clearance
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field
- Desired: Familiarity with DoD data repositories such as DAES, DAMIR, JCIDS, KMDS, AIR, etc.
- Desired: Previous Pentagon staff experience
- Desired: Creative with strong data visualization skills
- Desired: Master’s degree in an engineering field.