L3 Harris is seeking an experienced System Engineer to provide technical expertise for the design, development, integration, testing, verification and validation of total training systems solutions used in military flight and maintenance training systems.
- Conduct engineering system development tasks including system requirements analysis, system architecture and design, preliminary design, critical design, system integration support, test procedure development, formal verification, and formal validation.
- Perform Requirements Analysis using DOORS, and DOORS Next Gen, and other system engineering tools.
- Must be capable of interpreting and analyzing customer documents and needs, defining the system-level architecture, and allocating subsystem requirements.
- Reviews project specifications, generates System /Sub-system requirements, assists in creating component specifications
- Performs system-level analyses, determines necessary trade studies, defines, and allocates the functional requirements to subsystem
- Perform project requirements verification and cross references to test documentation and assists with the development of test plans and procedures.
- Understand and implement systems engineering processes on programs and projects.
- Create and update essential engineering documents including specifications, reports, plans, technical memos, and presentations
- Education B.S. Degree in engineering, Computer Science
- 8+ years of systems engineering experience in a DOD environment
- 8+ years of systems engineering disciplines and the government program acquisition lifecycle, to include requirements definition, creation of requirements verification test matrices, requirements decomposition, requirements traceability, design reviews and documentation, and integration and test
- 4+ years of experience with requirements management tools like DOORS or DOORS Next Generation
- Possess an Active Secret Clearance updated within the last 6 years
- This position requires travel up to 15%
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of SysML principles
- Model based systems engineering experience
Job Profile Matching Criteria:
Expertise Engineering--Systems Location USA - NY - Binghamton