L3 Technologies Communication Systems-West is currently seeking Systems Engineers. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the life-cycle support of data link (wideband, narrowband and/or SATCOM) systems from conceptual development through product phase-out. This includes proposal support, requirements analysis and management, task planning, technical documentation (including generation of Statements of Work and specifications), design oversight participation, design synthesis in a multi-functional engineering environment, build and test support, subcontract control, risk management input, and system deployment and in-house technical support during the operational life-cycle of the system.
Performs research and development in assigned engineering discipline
Leads, plans and conducts technical projects or portions of projects
Employs best practices, tools and techniques and applies processes and methodologies selected to design and develop new products or modify existing products
Leads and participates in the capture and/or management of customer and derived requirements, decomposition and assignment of requirements to appropriate functional areas of responsibility, insuring traceability from a verification test matrix back to original customer and system level derived requirements
Develops technical specifications, interface control documents, test plans and procedures, analyzes configuration and processing solutions, and tests conformance to specifications
Recommends new or improved design solutions and processes; reviews literature, patents and current industry practices of relevance to assigned project
Ensures technical performance, quality, and adherence to schedule
Follows processes in conformance with established policies and objectives
May coordinate the efforts of technical support personnel and may mentor and/or provide work leadership
Provides technical consultation to internal organizations and/or customers
Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services
Participates in design reviews
- An ABET (EAC/CAC) accredited Bachelor's or Master’s of Science degree in an Engineering discipline is strongly preferred, or equivalent technical education and experience (8-15 years related experience)
- Experience in systems architecture, hardware design, integration and qualification.
- Required experience in product development (preferably in military application environment)
- Comprehensive understanding of engineering architecture and design concepts along with thorough understanding of the engineering practices and procedures required to develop, test and deploy systems.
- Presentation and communication skills (verbal/written/visual)
- Effective problem solving skills and the ability to meet critical deadlines
- Effective coordination of project(s) and efforts of technical support personnel
- Ability to productively contribute work, ideas and collaboration as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to travel when required to lead and support customer installation, demonstrations and general field support