JBT Corporation’s Automated Systems business is a leading global supplier of automated, self-guided vehicle systems to the automotive, food & beverage, hospital and consumer product manufacturing industries. With offices in the US and UK, we are one of the world’s leading producers of automated vehicle systems. As a member of the JBT team, you will find that you are joining a world class organization with an entrepreneurial work environment and innovative spirit.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer in the Detroit, MI area.
- Designing systems to meet customer needs
- Facilitating the successful completion of an automated material handling system
- Installing, testing and debugging of the system
- Modifying equipment and software
- Troubleshooting, defining and seeking resources to recognize and resolve electrical, mechanical and/or software improvement opportunities with system components.
- Making software and hardware adjustments
- Performing customer training
- Customizing service manuals
- Interfacing with customers
- Collaborating with other engineers on projects
- 90% travel domestically and internationally to customer sites.
- Bachelors of Science degree (B.S.) in Engineering from a four-year college or university. Degree may be in any of the multiple disciplines of Engineering including Software, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Computer, Mechatronic, etc.
- 8+ years field service experience
- Prior experience working with large corporations as clients
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Prior software experiencerequired
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Demonstrated ability to supervisor and mentor engineers
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Familiar with SQL, a plus
- Familiar with CAD, a plus
- Valid driver's license required.
Requisition ID 2018-2740