ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design manage and commission custom control systems for remote controlled fire monitors based upon customer supplied specifications.
- Generate project system quotes based on engineering specifications and customer requests
- Interface with customers and internal Akron Brass personnel to ensure that all aspects of the project expectations are met regarding design, budget, timeline and customer expectations.
- Generate purchase requisitions for project related 3rd party purchases
- Design and develop custom PLC and HMI operating software
- Work with multiple integration engineers to develop custom communication protocols
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIRED ABILITIES:
- Requires exceptional communication, presentation, and people skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work with short deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work in changing Industrial environments
- Coordinate and perform acceptance and qualification testing.
- Hands-on experience with the assembly, test and troubleshooting of electrical control systems, PLC’s, networks, motions control.
- Superior people skills: Internal and external – including international customers and sales reps
- Timely response to after sale customer requirements
- Analyze field problems remotely (most times via telephone) and recommend corrective action; both to the customer and AB engineers
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Proficient with AutoCAD
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or technology and 5+ years’ experience or in lieu of education 10+ years’ experience with the following:
- Proven leadership ability, as well as project management skills, that can execute multiple projects and customers simultaneously, while concurrently meeting specifications, costs, and timelines.
- History of success achieving key performance metrics.
- Experience working with end users, consulting engineers & skilled trade contractors.
- Extensive knowledge in PLC programming and integration across multiple platforms
- Extensive knowledge in HMI programming and integration across multiple platforms
- Drawing generation using Autodesk ACAD
- Specifying 3rd party hardware and software for project specific requirements, obtaining costs and generating purchase requisitions
- Directing integrators on the assembly and test of project specific electrical control panels
- Troubleshooting system problems either onsite or remotely
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently without help or limited supervision
- Talking to and expressing ideas to other engineers, internal or external, and be objective yet firm to allow for the best possible outcome on any given situation