We believe in the power of people. We are a network strategy and technology company that is motivated by making a difference in people’s lives – their productivity, their creativity, their health and comfort. That’s why our engineers design and implement technologies that allow people to do great things.
The Opportunity / What we’re looking for:
We believe in the power of people. We are a network strategy and technology company that is motivated by making a difference in people’s lives – their productivity, their creativity, their health and comfort. That’s why our people design, implement, service and sell technologies that allow people to do great things…that is why Ciena solutions are # 1 in global market share.
We’re looking for highly motivated and talented Executive Assistant whose primary accountability providing technical sales support for customer-specific networkarchitecture design. This is a position requiring strong knowledge and experience with Network Architecture and Transport Protocols. Top/Secret security clearance with Full Scope Polygraph
The role / What you will do at Ciena:
Customer-facing sales team representative focused on specific accounts within the Federal Government. Perform technical tasks, including written proposals, network design, engineering and quotes. Must be able to communicate solutions to customers and work withinternal CIENA organization.
- Complete complex network designs for customer application of CIENA networking products.
- Proficient in use of Ciena Network design and modeling tools.
- Consult with potential and current customers on application of CIENA products for next generation architectures.
- Prepare quotations and assist in proposal preparation for Ciena products & upgrading actual design.
- Provide product and technical expertise to support Sales efforts of Ciena products.
- Prepare complex design and applications presentations.
- Interface with sales group and product management/marketing to develop and/or propose product enhancements to meet customer requirements.
- Excellent understanding of Sales Force.
- 30-50% travelrequired.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Candidate Profile :
- General understanding of IP, Ethernet and other data networking protocols.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of fiber optic transmission systems (especially SONET, WDM, OTN).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Understanding of mesh transport networks.
- Flexible, able to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Washington D.C metro area a plus.
- Security clearances, or the ability to obtain them, considered a plus.
- Motivated technical individual that desires to work on application of advanced optical, Ethernet and storage networking architectures.
- The ability to demonstrate experience in technical sales activities.
- Ability to understand customer needs and use technical expertise to develop customer solution.
- Ability to develop customer relationships and work well with customers.
Education and Experience:
- BSEE and/or Physics studies.
- 7-12 years telecommunication industry experience.
- Prior experience as a contributor on a sales account team.
- 4 years of experience in the Federal Government market.