ive Below is poised to grow rapidly driven by a unique approach to targeting the teen and pre-teen customer with an edited assortment of trend-right, high quality merchandise that fosters universal appeal. With a highly differentiated shoppingexperience that delivers exceptional value within the $1-$5 pricing model, customers have a deep appreciation for the brand. There is a long runway for growth with compelling and consistent store performance backed by anexperienced and passionate senior management team.
The Senior Systems Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by designing, monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Senior Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. This individual will also mentor and provide guidance to the Systems Engineer staff. Where applicable, the Senior Systems Engineer will assist in overseeing the physical security, integrity, and safety of the data center/server farm.
- Coordinate and collaborate with network engineering, business application, security, and database administration functions to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of corporate servers to meet business demands.
o Perform and test routine system backups and restores in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
o Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers, input/output fleet, and workstations. Escalate incidents as necessary
o Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team
o Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use
o Ensure policies, procedures, and standards are followed properly and consistently
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Provide second-level support to the end users and provide after-hours support for the business as they relate to specific IT projects or incidents
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of Systems Engineering experience (Retail environment preferred) or comparable.
o MCP, MCSE, and/or VCP certification a plus
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
o Manage Microsoft Active Directory – domain controllers, group policies, DNS, DHCP
o Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange messaging
o Enterprise SAN/NAS
o Cisco UCS or equivalent
o Patch management and software distribution
o Management of End-point protection technology
- Experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Proven project planning and management experience.
o Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis
o Forward thinker who designs for current business needs and plans for scalability and longer term solutions
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to demonstrate troubleshooting skills, think analytically while working in a fast paced dynamic and growing IT environment and the flexibility to work with a wide range of technologies
- Must be able to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities while ensuring successful completion of all items in a timely fashion
- Must be a highly-motivated self-starter who can work autonomously or within a team environment
- Experience with scripting and automation a strong plus (VBS, PowerShell, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL & Red Hat Linux a plus