8 - 10 years
Posted 235 days ago
The world of investing is fascinating yet complex. While hundreds of first -time investors are turning to the markets to help pay for their homes, send their children to college and secure their futures the mission of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is becoming all the more vital. CSRA is excited to support the SEC in as it seeks to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation.
The SEC ISS program is a comprehensive IT program charged with operating, managing, and advancing the SEC's IT infrastructure. Our dynamic program team of IT leaders and large and small business partners is seeking bright, energetic and talented individuals to join us as we bring our innovative IT Service Delivery solutions to SEC. Currently; we are seeking an End User Technology Specialist “ SME " in Washington, D.C. The work schedule is Monday through Friday with the occasional requirement to support off-hour work during evenings and/or weekends. The selected candidate must be able to obtain a Public Trust Suitability clearance, per contract requirements.Since 1934 the SEC has been restoring and ensuring investor confidence in our capital markets by providing investors and the markets with more reliable information and clear rules of honest dealing. Are you ready to do your part and support all Americans in this mission?
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of eight (8) years of related experience managing and leading a team of End User Technology Specialists in the area of incident management for IT failures encompassing within end user computing including but not limited to OS diagnostics API, file, network, and registry tracing, application diagnostics API, file, network, and registry tracing, Network traffic tracing, and OS customization and deployment.
- Must have experience and knowledge of a broad range of IT technologies, such as, operating systems, hardware, and applications.
- Must have experience supporting IT operations and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Demonstrated experience in evaluating, testing, and documenting Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software and hardware products and solutions including development and engineering tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred. Ten (10) years of equivalent work experience in-lieu of education will be considered.
- Extensive experience working within Federal Government environments.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience maintaining technical data and documentation.
It would be great if you also had:
- MS certification in desktop operating system(s) (windows 7 & 10)
As the largest pure-play IT services provider serving the U.S. government sector, CSRA is where you can come to be successful. Join a collaborative team, solving customer issues and accessing an array of resources for your success. Take advantage of tremendous opportunities as you help us chart our path to industry leadership, and tap into our collective 90+ year heritage. With combined FY15 revenues of approximately $5.5 billion and nearly 19,000 employees, CSRA represents the coming together "figuratively and literally“ of two outstanding companies: the North American Public Sector business of CSC and SRA. Join us and watch your career take flight.
The responsibilities for candidates in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs day-to-day activities required to manage and lead the support of incident management related to IT failures of end user hardware, software, and operating systems. Troubleshoots complex issues and provides incident resolution for all related incidents requiring escalated support or subject matter enterprise within end user OS, hardware, and software, to include, end user equipment, local and network printers, HDD, removable media encryption, GPO settings, server/network based applications. Provides supervision and direction as needed to support staff, to include technical direction.
- Responsible for supporting IT testing operations, such as testing patches (Microsoft, third-party applications, and custom hot fixes); testing software deployments; identify, document, and troubleshoot issues related to patch and software deployments; tier 2/3 support as necessary; troubleshooting technical issues in development and production environments.
- Assist with updating Process and Procedure documentation for End User Technology and Service Desk.
- Deliver regular feedback and coaching to End User Technology Specialists.
- Perform assigned tasks independently.