Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Engility is looking for Senior Systems Engineers (SE) to join an exciting program to support solution development for challenging problems. The successful candidate will be a proactive, forward-leaning self-starter able to work in a fast-paced organization spread across diverse technical areas in the computer networking and telecommunication fields. The effective candidate will apply their SE expertise in the areas of requirements analysis, functional analysis and allocations, systems architecture and design, technical management, and verification and validation for the customer’s projects. This will include tracking changes in requirements and working with the system integrators on changes to SE documents. Proactively assessing risks, developing mitigation strategies and communicating issues and solutions are a critical part of this position. Additional functions of the positions include (but are not limited too): development of multiple end-to-end system architectures, to include networks and facilities; the creation of technical briefings to be presented to a variety of audiences; the creation and maintenance of a risk register; writing, reviewing and editing CONOPs, requirements, trade studies and system architectures; expanding or modifying the existing system to serve new purposes or improve workflow; and the application of business process improvement practices to re-engineer methodologies and principles and business process modernization projects. Support across the full range of customer programs will be provided. Someone with a passion for working in a customer support role, has attention to detail, able to multi-task, and can work with multiple project leads to understand and communicate program information will thrive in this environment.
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or 4 additional years of experience working in a similar position.
- Minimum of 9 years of training and/or experience in performing systems engineering or architecting systems, to include functional analysis, risk assessment, and mitigation, and requirements development and documentation.
- Experience with Systems Engineering, systems integration, and technical documentation management of a major system.
- Experience with modeling and simulation.
- Ability to manage diverse workloads and effectively prioritize multiple competing demands on the individual’s time.
- Proven experience in producing program documentation with demonstrated application of project management principles.
- Self-starter with initiative and ability to work independently and in the team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate processes and procedures.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite needed to perform day-to-day functions