This is a full time position with DataPath as a Senior Systems Engineerresponsible for supporting the development of both satellite-based and terrestrialtelecommunication systems.
This includes conceptual design based on customer requirements, derivation and flowdown of requirements, creation and presentation of design reviews and test data review. This position will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verbally articulates the design considerations for a Satellite Communications solution.
- Predicts performance and/or operational characteristics under a given scenario.
- Technical expertise in FDMA, TDMA, link budgets.
- Collaborates with other engineering groups on complex design issues.
- Creates and modifies existing engineering specifications and draft designs.
- Creates new and modifies existing engineering specifications and draft designs.
- Serves as Program Team Lead for cross-competency engineering initiatives from design to delivery.
- Provides peer review for organizational engineers.
- Reviews engineering drawing and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
- May direct and lead the work of others.
- Input B.O.M.’s into SEPDM and DataPath business systems.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Antenna Systems
- High Power Amplifiers
- Link Budgets
- Testing and Installation Satellite Communications Systems
- Must be familiar with SATCOM hardware and SATCOM test equipment (antenna, HPA, LNA, RF converter, modem, spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, power meter, signal generator, protocol analyzer, noise figure meter, etc.)
- Technical expertise in RF system design (gain, phase noise, VSWR, inter-modulation, group delay) and multi-access FDMA/TDMA wireless communications
Requisition ID : 1587