ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides expert advice to the organization regarding long-range, strategic goals concerning network and systems for the organization. Develops and recommends network/infrastructure enhancements for data and systems. Own the design and code for features built for specific products.
- Plans and implements major infrastructure and application systems installations. Makes key project decisions. Develops criteria for systems, system design, budget, testing methods, quality standards, and completion datesMaintain and support current system and ongoing beta programs.
- Designs, implements and maintains highly available, redundant and secure infrastructure, including servers, storage, VMWare vCenter, clustering, Citrix, FreeBSD, Linux and F5 appliances
- Assures proper backup and recovery policies and procedures are in place and recommends and makes changes as necessary; key contact point to develop, recommend, implement and routinely test disaster recovery plans
- DevOps architecture, maintain and upkeep consisting of source code and control, build and automation
- Provide necessary support to file patents for technology innovation Mentor and provide assistance to junior staff in diagnosing and resolving complex hardware, software, network, and virtualization problems
- Develops methodology and analyzes infrastructure capacity based on business forecasts and systems and capacity planning. Pro-actively addresses capacity issues. Maintains system data and develops reports.
- Manages and directs professional level vendors and consultants
- Respond to outages during business and after-hours. Participates in 24x7 on-call rotation process
- Other duties as assigned of a similar nature or level.
REQUIRED SKILL SET & EXPERIENCE
- 7-10 recent (within the past 5 years) years experience designing, implementing and operating multi-site, high-availability, data center infrastructures and associated virtualization implementations in an Enterprise environment.
- 5 years of experience working in and maintaining a 24x7 production environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 7-10 recent (within the past 5 years) years experience demonstrating expert knowledge and hands-on experience leading, configuring, managing, and implementing IT industry best practices regarding infrastructure devices; supporting mission-critical technology solutions within a complex IT applications environment; configuring and troubleshooting servers, backups, clustering, storage and email/groupware solutions; performing virtualization management, and monitoring; managing and maintaining network monitoring and health tools and tools for enterprise level maintence and applying risk management practices at all levels of problem solving.
- 7-10 recent (within the past 5 years) years experience with Microsoft technologies; Windows Server OS, Directory Services and, Linux/VMware environments
- 5 - 7 years experience TCP/IP-based network operating systems and an ASP Operations environment including supporting, optimizing, and managing a growing ASP or production network.
- 5 – 7 years managing a multi-platform integrated UNIX/Windows environment
- 5 – 7 years experience with a scripting language such as powershell and bash.
- 2 -5 years experience with cable plant and asset management best practices and equipment room design.
- 3 – 5 years experience in methods, practices and procedures involved in the development of SLAs, policies and procedures.
- 3 – 5 years experience providing operational and maintenance experience with providing hosted and cloud services.
- 2 – 5 years experience with supporting Oracle, SQL or MySQL clusters along with administration of CentOS and Ubuntu.
- Certification as a MCITP Enterprise/MCM/MCSE or RHCE or equivalent system engineering expertise preferred