Set against a Rocky Mountain backdrop in south-eastern Idaho, Pocatello Idaho is uniquely positioned as an emerging high-tech city heading into 2018’ thanks to Buchanan & Edwards and the FBI’s new $100 million-dollar high tech facility. Pocatello is the gateway to a number of beautiful outdoor attractions including Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park, Grand Targhee Ski Resort, Mesa Falls, Jackson Hole, Wyoming skiing, Sun Valley skiing, Craters of the Moon, Salt Lake City, World Famous Fly Fishing and Mountain bike trails. If you are looking for a career with a cutting-edge technology firm, an excellent quality of life, and outdoor adventure, we’d like to hear from you. For more information, please visit www.BEIDAHOJOBS.com
Our new Data Center Operations Support project will support the Department of Justice and the FBI in maintaining their current production private cloud and in developing a new data center design standard for a new multi-tenant private cloud to support DOJ wide data center consolidation. Areas of support include Windows, Linux, Storage, Security and Network Engineering as well as Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) operations and maintenance. Areas of focus include ensuring the FBI’s unclassified and classified computer systems are maintained in a secure, reliable manner with minimum disruption and productions systems shall have a 99% uptime. In addition, our team will work on new projects including data center consolidation, the implementation of a private on-premise cloud, a hybrid cloud, and deployments of new technologies across multiple enclaves.
The Sr. Systems Engineer (Data & System Backups) CLIN 13 shall be responsible for design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base backup system, but for all features, components and application dependencies. To include Storage Area Network (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), Tape, local disk, Fibre Channel, iSCSI, etc.
- Design, implement and provide ongoing support of the Storage & Backup Infrastructure.
- Serves as the advanced matter expert for all Storage & Backup environments.
- Ceate and maintain storage infrastructure for both bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate SAN, network, or local storage configurations, using both OEM and third party tools that include virtual storage tools and services.
- Provision/configure required storage & backup for servers.
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the storage & backup infrastructure.
- Monitor and correct critical storage issues and create recovery processes for hardware failures and performance bottlenecks and configure alerts for proactive response times.
- Install, configure, test and maintain system management tools, SAN and Tape infrastructure and server plugins with the latest hardware and software patch and firmware versions.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability to include verification of the replication of data, fail over copies, redundant data sets.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks, such as automated provisioning storage with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval.
- Integrate systems with Windows and Linux as it applies to core service dependencies. Engineer and implement solutions for multi factor authentication with FBI standardized software and hardware.
- Document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys.
- Continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
- Provide real-time reporting of storage provisioned and utilized resources to include performance metrics for tape and disk space consumption, storage availability, performance and trends.
- 3 years of experience with Net Backup and Tivoli Storage Manager experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred