Support the C2BMC program with protection of information assets through the prevention of network attacks; the evaluation of system security capabilities; the assessment of vulnerabilities and risk, the detection of exploits; development of threat response and risk mitigation plans and the engagement of countermeasures and network monitoring capabilities; performs limited penetration testing and routine exploit analysis; analyzes architecture and system functionality for multiple technologies; performs automated vulnerability testing; evaluates system security configurations; contributes to the development and evaluation of attack scenarios; evaluates findings and conducts root cause analysis; prepares and delivers technical reports and briefings.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree or higher education.
- DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
- Experience with Information Assurance policies and procedures and the ability to apply IA requirements to an existing system
- Security engineering skills with a working knowledge of Information Assurance (IA) technology, NIST standards, DoDI 8500.2 and SP 800-53
- Experience in the Cybersecurity Lifecycle to include: generating IA requirements, creating IA architecture design, configuring IA audit tools, conducting IA verification and performing IA compliance
- Recent hands on Assessment & Authorization (A&A) experience creating DIACAP and/or RMF accreditation packages
- Excellent technical document preparation and verbal communication skills are required for presentation of technical IA issues and reports to the Government, Program Management and other C2BMC Functional Areas.
- Strong working knowledge of IA concepts such as patch management, two-factor authentication, host-based security, intrusion detection, security event management and defense-in-depth
- Experience in security architecture design, Security Audit tools, security requirements generation, security testing, administration of security devices such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- A strong understanding of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS), HBSS, ACAS, Software Assurance techniques & tools. Additionally, experience with security products such as vulnerability scanning and network assessment tools
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Cybersecurity with increasingly responsible roles in software/network engineering and the development of Information Assurance solutions
- Experience working with Missile Defense Systems
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in either the Missile Defense, Space, or Cyber markets
- CISSP Certification is highly desirable
- Experience with either DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) or Risk Management Framework (RMF) process
- Experience with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800 Series Special Publications, or Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) or DoD Instruction 8500.2
- Technical document preparation skills and verbal communications for presentation of technical information assurance issues and reports to government and military officials
- Network design and software engineering backgrounds are a plus
- Experience installing, and testing patches on Windows and Linux platforms
- Knowledge of VMWare systems administration and installing and configuring VMWare is a plus
- BDS Engineering Candidates Desired
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.