The Senior Systems Engineer will be a member of the Data Center & Network team on-site in the New York office. This person will be responsible to support services, both regionally and globally. As a part of the team, the responsibilities will include projects, system maintenance, day-to-day tickets and support, documentation and participation in the on-call rotation.
- Lead architecture, implementation and support of storage and backup systems and services;
- Lead architecture, implementation and support of all physical and virtual servers/systems;
- Manage the data center environmental systems, including UPS and AC;
- Create concise and easy to follow documentation (logical, physical, procedural, planning, and informational), to facilitate system support;
- Mentor and train staff on supported systems (i.e. storage, servers and virtualization);
- Implement systems and utilize tools (i.e. SolarWinds Orion), in order to ensure security, high availability and performance, in 24/7/365 production environment;
- Develop system standards, operating procedures, and business continuity (BC/DR) plans;
- Develop utilization metrics for capacity planning and makes recommendations;
- Develop PowerShell scripts for the purpose of creating queries, automating processes and performing troubleshooting;
- Support Data Center systems and services such as VMware, Citrix XenApp, Citrix NetScaler, file monitoring (Varonis) and file sharing (SFTP);;
- Manage projects from conception through closure, including project charters, status documents, etc.;
- Work closely with technical owners of applications to securely plan, deploy, and troubleshoot new or upgraded systems;
- Perform and presents after action reviews (AAR), for incidents with supported systems; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in computer science, systems, information technology, management information systems or related field;
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE);
- NetApp Certified Data Administrator, ONTAP; and
- VMware Professional Certification (VCP)
- Minimum 5 years experience focused on Data Center systems support, configuration and implementation, in a primarily Microsoft based environment;
- Minimum 5 years experience architecting and building high availability, high performance storage systems, using NetApp (i.e. ONTAP, OnCommand, WFA);
- Minimum 5 years experience architecting and building high availability, high performance VMware server systems (i.e. ESXi, vCenter, SRM, VSC);
- Minimum 5 years experience architecting and building Microsoft Windows servers (2008, 2012, 2016, 2019) and services;
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing technical projects from concept through closure; and
- Minimum of 3 years experience developing and using PowerShell to query, automate and troubleshoot, desired.
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Excellent organizational and communications skills;
- A strong understanding of good security processes and procedures;
- Ability to effectively execute multiple IT projects and deadlines with limited supervision;
- Independent thinking and troubleshooting;
- A strong sense of focus and excellent attention to detail, while working in a fast-paced and energetic environment;
- Enthusiasm and adaptability, able to acquire new skills and knowledge quickly; and
- Experience with change and production control procedures.
This position is located in our New York office. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision care, 401(k), and substantial health club discounts.