Ready to put your engineering and communications expertise to work? Are you an experienced Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment working with teams in a lead role? Imagine yourself working on top level critical Rail Transit projects leading other seasoned professionals. Parsons is now hiring a Senior Systems Engineer - Communications with a passion for innovation and solving mission critical challenges. Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your deep technical knowledge will propel your career and leadership forward. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To lead Communication system design and delivery initiatives, primarily for Rail Transit, related to new systems, replacements or upgrades;
- Support various Systems projects and proposals, including onboard train communication subsystems;
- Develop engineering qualification and bid documentation to support bids for potential Consulting, Design and APD contracts;
- Prepare engineering documentation, including plans, interface control documents, specifications, installation drawings, analyses and test plans and reports, to support various transit projects;
- Support procurement in the development of supply contracts;
- Supervise, review or witness testing and troubleshooting;
- Coordinate with the other project engineering and test team members to provide system engineering support;
- Provide guidance to suppliers or other parties as required by the project to ensure scope is developed and delivered in a timely fashion;
- Travel in support of projects or proposals on an as-required basis;
- Develop and present technical papers on the subject, or specific aspects of Systems/Vehicle Engineering.
- University degree in Electronic Engineering or similar discipline, specializing in Communications;
- P.Eng, with 10+ years of Communication systems experience;
- Can lead a formalized Systems Engineering approach;
- Experience with RAM and Safety aspects of systems delivery;
- Must be able to work in a multi-disciplinary systems environment and familiarity with broad topics and the breakdown of scope within the Transit System;
- Candidates with a combination of experience in both the design office environment and hands-on practical field experience, including installation design will be preferred.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Effective verbal communication including listening and speaking skills;
- Effective written presentation and communication skills and the ability to guide others in the preparation of required analyses or reports;
- Experience in communication with clients at various levels of seniority
- Strong computer skills including MS Office and especially Word, Visio and Excel
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn’t the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!