Currently, we are seeking a Windows Systems Administrator in Columbia, MD. The selected candidate must have an active clearance.
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains system documentation, tunes system performance, installs system-wide software, and allocates mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation, and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provide support to IT systems and application including: day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem solving/resolution for all of issues arising.
- Provide second level problem identification and diagnostics.
- Provide support for the dispatched problems and remain involved through resolution.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
TOP 3 SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 4+ years Windows Systems Administration Experiencerequired.
- LINUX-CentOS, VPN, CITRIX w/XEN DeskTop knowledge helpful.
- Must possess experience in one or more systems, architectures and associated software and hardware
To qualify, you must also meet these basic qualifications:
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph required to start.
- One of the following DoD approved certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED.
- Windows servers both physical and virtual.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Strong communication skills
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team
- RequiredEducation & Experience: High School/GED + 11 years’ experience OR Associates + 9 years’ experience OR Bachelors + 8years’ experience OR Masters + 5 years’ experience OR Doctorate + 3 yearexperience.