Cimarron is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support new and existing NASA Space Network projects at the NASA White Sands Complex in Las Cruces, NM.
- Provide system engineering support of the Space Network mission, Tracking and Data Relay Satellite (TDRS) constellation, and the NASA customer.
- Development, tracking, and analysis of system requirements.
- Conduct analysis/investigations within area of expertise and recommend corrective action in problem areas.
- Development of technical documentation including test procedures, test and status reports, procurement specifications, Concepts of Operations (CONOPS), and Interface Control Documents (ICDs).
- Development, coordination and presentation of Key Decision Point (KDP) Presentations (e.g. PDCR, PDR, CDR, SRR, SIR, SAR, ORR, etc.).
- Test and integration of new hardware and/or software into existing operational and support systems.
- System analysis with emphasis on operational sustainability, risk, safety and security.
- Use of engineering methodologies and techniques to perform technical trades.
- Proactively identifies and solves technical problems during all project life phases.
Required Skills, Experience, & Education:
- Must possess an active U.S. government SECRET clearance.
- Eight or more years of demonstrated work experience.
- Prior experience with projects involving NASA or other government processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or Math.
Desired Skills, Experience, & Education:
- Demonstrated experience with satellite ground station design/implementation, RF theory, Spread Spectrum, modems, and/or antenna design and operation.
- Experience with software development and deployment in an operational system.
- Familiarity with NASA Systems Engineering processes or the Systems Engineering discipline.
- Government procurement and IV&V experience.
- Space Network experience and TDRS knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both in written and verbal forms with vendors, peers, upper-level management and the NASA customer.
- Demonstrated guidance on highly complex and advanced projects.
- Ability to effectively juggle multiple tasks and priorities to meet deadlines on numerous projects.
- Must be a team player with positive interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with others at all levels and effectively partner withinternal and external resources.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (i.e. Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, etc.) and Microsoft Project or equivalent scheduling tool.
Cimarron is a global solutions company with a strategic partnering approach to satisfying customer-driven requirements. We ensure customer success with a modern approach and experienced leadership. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, Cimarron is fueled by highly skilled employees, developing new innovative technologies, and delivering superior products and services.