Senior Systems Engineer ( C2BMC ) - Architect
The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer (C2BMC) - Architect (Level 4) to join the dynamic National Team in Colorado Springs, CO or in Huntsville, AL.
Our employees’ dreams go beyond Planet Earth. They are innovative, agile, creative, and challenge the status quo. They work well in teams while also having the ability to work assignments autonomously. Here at Satellite Systems, our employees collaborate with leaders in space innovation and pave the way in creating the world’s best satellite systems. We strive to grow our employees to be the most successful in the industry
The National Team provides technical solutions to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) program. C2BMC is the integrating element for the Ballistic Missile Defense System and links various sensors and weapon systems. This program provides capabilities to integrate and synchronize missile defense systems and operations, providing a layered defense against multiple ranges of threats and in all phases of flight..
This position requires an active Secret Clearance.
As a Senior System Architect/Engineer (Level 4) the successful candidate will be a member of the Systems Engineering Functional Area. This role is an individual contributor working design and development of operational system capabilities for the C2BMC system in the Ballistic Missile Defense System. Support modeling and artifact creating for the C2BMC (ICDs, Design Changes, new BMDS requirements, etc.) Based on understanding of the design and results of comparisons, use related systems engineering tools and documents to analyze, understand, and propose changes to systems architecture models, systems engineering analyses, user CONOPS & system OPSCONs, and system and interface requirements specs in support of the C2BMC program. Role could later include: coordinate engineering disciplines in resolving system-level issues. Learn, understand, and represent the point of view of the warfighters, operators and systems owners, and see to that it is properly respected throughout the engineering efforts. Understand system-to-system interfaces.
This position requires candidate acceptance by industry partner resource control board.
This position requires an active Secret Clearance.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A proven track record of successfully applying system engineering and architecture principles to system design and development.
- Familiarity with the application and use of systems engineering tools for requirements management (e.g. DOORS and Enterprise Architect) is a plus.
- Candidates must have experience working in an integrated team environment with other systems, software and specialty engineers to develop solutions using engineering processes and methods.
- Experience communicating the desired capabilities to a diverse group of developers, engineers, subject matter experts, and users.
Additional Skills desired include:
- Identification and definition of desired capabilities, system-of-systems definition, integration practices and methods
- Understanding and appreciation of information assurance
- Maintenance, operation, and logistics concerns, and their application to the requirements
- Design, and development phases
- and C2BMC National Team program processes and work products.
The successful candidate must also have a solid understanding of networking concepts and how to architect a geographically distributed system utilizing communication networks while maintaining a secure posture.
BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
The Architect must understand systems architecting and architecture models. The candidate will possess:
- 8years minimum experience in a related engineering environment, with good experience and expertise in systems architecting and system-of-systems definition.
- Experience in ballistic missile defense or air defense operations is highly desired.
- Ability to analyze high level needs and systems concepts and represent them in engineering architectural models.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to clearly and effectively present technical approaches and findings.
- Must be able to work effectively and cooperatively with people within and external to the program.
- Experience with BMDS systems (e.g. GMD, Aegis, Patriot, GCCS, STARS, PDS-M, THAAD) is desirable.
- Familiarity with the C2BMC system and the missile defense domain or any other Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) systems is desirable.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Typical Education/Experience:Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position requires an active (or the ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship
- This position requires a current Secret Clearance (or higher)
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) education
- Experience with systems architecture
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in Systems Engineering
- Experience with missile defense system elements such as C2BMC, THAAD, GMD, Aegis and/or AN/TPY2
- Experience in ballistic missile defense or air defense operations.
- 8 or more years of experience working in Systems Engineering
- Experience with IBM Rational DOORS or Enterprise Architect
Job ID 1700014130