Responsible for ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of information systems. Monitor, maintain, and support all servers and associated operating systems and service applications.
Assist in identifying, communicating, and resolving issues. Serve as a technical resource to Systems Engineers.
• Provide support by performing troubleshooting which may include, but not necessarily be limited to: problem recognition, root cause analysis, research, isolation, resolution, follow-up, and documentation.
• Perform functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, planning, and configuration of hardware and/or software.
• Perform maintenance on system hardware and software including the restoration of hardware, software or configurations.
• Act in a lead role in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems and in recommendations for procedures and controls for problem prevention.
• Lead implementations and rollouts of new hardware, software, and tools.
• Assist in the supervision of Systems Engineers.
• Assist with and participate in disaster recovery testing.
• Act in a lead role in the development of P&Ps and general standards, and procedures and controls for problem prevention.
• Research and identify hardware and software to meet Company needs.
• Prepare detailed functional specifications and coordinate RFPs.
• Advanced scripting via PowerShell preferred
• Must be able to install and implement both physical and virtual server solutions.
• Must have a practical understanding of domain-level services such as DNS, DHCP, LDAP, and Active Directory services.
• Must have solid understanding of VMWare and Storage Systems.
• Must be able to implement Microsoft Clustering and other high-availability and load balancing solutions.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in a computer science discipline or a comparable level of experiencepreferred.
• Five (5) years of experience as a Systems Engineerrequired.
• Must have a high level of technical knowledge relative to the installation and connectivity of server systems, including the configuration, maintenance, and support of new and existing server solutions.
• MCSE certification and at least three (3) years of experience working on large- scale infrastructure, cloud/hosted, and server-related projects preferred.
• VMWare certification and ITIL V3 Awareness training preferred.
• Must have good communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary certifications and/or licenses.
• On-call availability on a rotational basis is a requirement of this role