Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 148 days ago
Bowhead is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer of Acquisitions to support a major automated information system supporting the US Navy.
The Senior Systems Engineer is a demanding position that is responsible for facilitating overall systems engineering (SE) planning, integration of engineering management and technical policies and processes across Program office teams, and engineering analysis of the Sea Warrior solutions.
The Senior Systems Engineer will plan, assist, and guide Sea Warrior personnel through SE technical reviews to assess conformance of products and technical processes to technical requirements and policy.
These reviews will encompass all phases of product design, development, testing, production, and sustainment with and will include Program members, stakeholders, external technical authorities and subject matter experts on the Business IT system.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for ensuring the quality of all deliverables and technical accuracy of the Sea Warrior Systems Engineering Plan (SEP) and other DoD 5000 - related acquisition documentation.
Essential functions will include:
• Performing SE analysis and planning for modifications
• Recommending courses of action to resolve technical, operational, and functional issues for the Program
• Assisting in developing and updating engineering scheduling
• Utilizing the Navy Risk Management Guide, will analyze and/or develop any technical risks
• Assisting in identifying risk in the areas of cost, scheduling, budget, performance and staffing for Sea Warrior, as it relates to Engineering
• A BA/S degree in an applicable science or engineering discipline is required at a minimum.
• A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in Systems Engineering is required.
• At least five (5) years of DoD Acquisition Program experience within the last 10 years.
• Documented experience throughout the entire acquisition lifecycle for at least one ACAT I / ACAT IA / BSC 1 acquisition program is required.
• Documented experience with development and maintenance of such documents as system engineering plans, implementation plans, information support plans, capability support plans, and risk management plans is required.
• A DAWIA Level III Systems Engineering Certification is preferred but not required.
• Past experience with implementation of a Human Resources Information System (HRIS) / Human Resources Management System (HRMS), such as PeopleSoft, is desired but not required.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold and be able to maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Job Code 19-0114