Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support the Command and Control (C2) Systems Division (Code 532) within Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific (NIWC Pacific). NIWC Pacific provides systems engineering, software development, maintenance, integration, test, and life-cycle support for a wide range of Navy, Joint, and National C4I systems. This contract will support the transition of software products from a Capability-Based-In Service Engineering Activity model to a Development, Security, and Operations (DevSecOps) model of service.
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Master's degree in Computer, Electrical or Electronics Engineering or Mathematics with field of concentration in computer science
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- 10 years of professional experience in systems engineering, computer design, software development or computer networks
- Experience leading the transition of software products from a Capability-Based-In Service Engineering Activity model to a Development, Security, and Operations (DevSecOps) model of service
- Oversee the creation of hybrid software, web and hardware products from initial specifications to final rollout and maintenance
- Responsible for integrating various network operating systems, application programs and hardware devices
- Demonstrated ability to manage the development cycle associated with producing a resilient software, hardware and web application, including: specification, design, coding, testing and maintenance
- Proficiency in balancing technical/engineering aspects of requirements and execution considerations such as cost, schedule, and other associated challenges
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.