Performs project management and systems engineering of customer applications and services to meet enterprise requirements. Ideal candidate has experience working with the IC and full understanding of the V Model. Must be a motivated self starter who can quickly adapt to changes in direction and is able to both research solutions as well as communicate across the spectrum to achieve goals and objectives. Understanding of multi-domain and fabric interoperability is a highly essential to helping securely protect, visualize and disseminate data to end users. Specific Tasks may include:
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
- Develop system engineering, software engineering, system integration, or distributed system architectures.
- Collaborate with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
- Communicate with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.
- Research, test, or verify proper functioning of software patches and fixes.
- Provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
- Perform security analyses of developed or packaged software components.
- Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
- Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
- Communicate project information through presentations, technical reports, or white papers.
- Define and analyze objectives, scope, issues, or organizational impact of information systems.
- Monitor system operation to detect potential problems.
- Design and conduct hardware or software tests.
- Evaluate current or emerging technologies to consider factors such as cost, portability, compatibility, or usability.
- Provide customers or installation teams guidelines for implementing secure systems.
- Establish functional or system standards to address operational requirements, quality requirements, and design constraints.
- Investigate system component suitability for specified purposes, and make recommendations regarding component use.
- Complete models and simulations, using manual or automated tools, to analyze or predict system performance under different operating conditions.
- Develop or approve project plans, schedules, or budgets.
- Develop efficient and effective system controls
- Evaluate existing systems to determine effectiveness, and suggest changes to meet organizational requirements.
- Configure servers to meet functional specifications.
- Direct the analysis, development, and operation of complete computer systems.
- Direct the installation of operating systems, network or application software, or computer or network hardware.
- Train system users in system operation or maintenance.
Bachelors degree in Engineering or Information Systems and 6 years of experience required. Must have Security Plus certification. Must have TS/SCI clearance.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Masters Degree in Engineering or Information Technology.
Systems Engineering CertificationsAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.