PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USAThe sky has no limits.Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of ourteam you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to coInclusion Powers Innovation:We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.The F135 Systems Design Component Integration organization is seeking a Design Integration Technical Lead to handle all integration aspects for Cold Section (Fan and High Pressure Compressor), Autonomic Logistic Information System (ALIS)/Unique Identification (UID) Integration, and LifeManagementProcess. These duties will include:
- Support the cold section CIPT/IPTs with regards to engineering changes, limits task providing the system level view to the activities
- Identify and resolve issues with functional and mechanical interfaces
- Work field investigations for the aforementioned CIPTs
- SIPT preparation ensuring system level impacts are addressed
- Lead any system level trade studies related to the controls, mechanical systems, and externals (includes but not limited to performance improvement, durability, cost reduction, etc.)
- Support technical reviews for system level interface compliance to requirements
- Provide coordination of engineering requirements for ALIS and UID integration/implementation
- Handle theLifeManagementprocess, which includes Cleared Life reviews, coordinating the quarterly update of theLifeManagement Table, and supporting the approval of the LMT updates through the Joint Technical Data Change Request process.
- Provide the CIPTs with weekly status on fielded hardware expiring lives (as hardware reaches their confirmed cleared lives) This position will provide the you with exposure to engineering integration within propulsion system modules, between the airframe manufacturer, and with the government and service customers.
Education / Certifications
- BS engineering with 10+years of experience.
Experience and Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
- BS degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in Engineering
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts.
- Experience working with military customers and beingcomfortable presenting to both military and Pratt & Whitney leadership
- Deepunderstanding of the Engineering Change (EC), Engineering Assistance (EA) processes
- High proficiency with root cause and corrective action (fault trees, fishbone diagrams, etc.)
- ITC Focal JCL 2 with experience in export jurisdiction and classification.
- Confirmed ability to handle and meet multiple goals, plans and achievements and work with minimal daily supervision while balancing numerous priorities.
- Knowledge of jet engine operation with module center product knowledge.
- Experience with Team Center
- Good social, communication and presentation skills.