We seek a Senior Systems Engineer to function as a capture lead manager within the Advanced Programs Group. The candidate must possess a strong combination of technical, business and communication skills: payload system engineering breadth, creativity, business development skills, market understanding, customer communication skills and presentation abilities, both written and oral. Candidate will report to the Director of Advanced Programs and support concept developments and new business pursuits, primarily in the area of space based electro-optical (EO) sensors and payloads, with some additional work in airborne systems and space or airborne subsystems. Candidate will support full technical program capture, including technical concept generation and development, customer interface, strategy, proposal writing, customer presentation, and concept development phase management. Essential Responsibilities
- Define EO payload designs and architectures in response to customer and market needs, objectives, and solicitations.
- Lead a team of engineers to develop those concepts, both in support of proposals and as initial customer-funded efforts.
- Bring market and competitor knowledge to help craft technical and programmatic win strategies.
- Lead customer interactions throughout pursuit and program capture activities.
- Lead proposal efforts, including technical proposal writing, oversight of proposal teammates, costing, and review.
- Manage study contracts, seed-contracts, prototype demonstration efforts, and initial customer-funded activities, and transition those activities to full production flight hardware teams
- Provide technical expertise, knowledge, pursuit strategy, and business opportunities relative to the above tasks.
- Create and establish teaming relationships with customers and subcontractors.
- Position the company as a preferred or exclusive partner with customers based on both technical and programmatic capabilities and performance.
- Minimum of a BS in a relevant technical field (physics, optics, electricalengineering, mechanicalengineering, aerospace engineering) with 5-8years of experience in a related aerospace industry. Advanced degreepreferred. MS or above can be substituted for 2 (MS) to 5 (PhD) years of experience.
- Competent, broad technical knowledge of optical sensor systems, as well as the flight EO payload marketplace, competitors and opportunities.
- Experience in business development and program capture, including customer relationships, concept development, and proposal writing.
- Excellent written and oral presenting skills, with the ability to clearly and competently convey technical system designs and trades to customers.
- Technical creativity and originality. Must have the ability to define concepts from a blank sheet of paper based on customer needs, to identify the key aspects of those concepts, and to lead a team to develop those concepts to a preliminary level.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills and the experience to lead a design team and small group in a similar business environment.
- Active TS/SCI (SSBI) security clearance required.